PramDepot is an arts-led recycling project that provides high quality recycled baby clothes and equipment to new mums who receive support through Birth Companions Helen Bamber Happy Baby Group and 20 other organisations in and around London.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT TAKE SELF REFERRALS, SO PLEASE DO NOT SEND MUMS TO US DIRECTLY AS WE ARE NOT SET UP FOR THEM TO VISIT.
We are currently closed again for Donations till Mid March 2019. We are now moving at the end of February, and need to reduce our stock.
If anyone knows a removal firm who would like to help please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the Autumn of 2018 we ran a festival called Spotlight on Asylum www.spotlightonasylum.com and an Online Art Auction which included artists including Tracy Emin, Rachel Whiteread, Antony Gormley, Mark Wallinger, Alison Wilding and David Batchelor. See the results at spotlightonasylum.com/angel-auctions
Through the festival and art auction we raised just over £30,000. This money will pay for our storage and processing costs for the next 18 months. We would like to say a massive thank you to all the artists, local people, politicians, friends, organisations and especially the women that we support who took Part in the Project.
You can donate…
(Make us very happy by cleaning your donations before you bring them along)
- Buggies – suitable for newborns, double buggies and lightweight buggies, slings and baby carriers, baby bouncer seats and newborn car seats (which are under 4 years old)
- Baby changing bags and any new items needed for nappy changes
- Moses baskets with stands, sheets and blankets and bedding (stain-free please!). New mattresses only please.
- Baby clothes – 0 to 12 months, high quality baby clothes which can only be accepted if they are washed, stain-free and buttoned or fastened please. (If they have been stored for a long time they may need re-washing as yellow stains can appear – sorry, we are a small organisation and have limited resources).
- Electrical equipment – breast pumps, steriliser units, food warmers, baby food blenders and baby monitors and bottles that are as good as new.
- Lots of other stuff! We also take baby baths, travel cots, and Ikea high chairs – when we have space. Please contact us before delivering larger items as we have limited storage space.
Find us at
The Chocolate Factory – B204 Unit 11 – Clarendon Road N22 6XJ Tel: 07740 744289
We are open on Tuesdays between 10 and 4pm for organisations to make collections and
for donations from local families to be dropped off and on other days by appointment.
Get in touch
Want to drop off donations or volunteer with us? Please email Karen at email@example.com
If you have no time to volunteer you could really help by making a donation on our Localgiving Page on the link below
You can make a one off donation or set up a direct debit to help us on a longer term every little helps.
We are so grateful for anything you can give and all the money donated will go towards helping vulnerable new mums and their babies. We currently support around 400 women a year and would like to help many more.